Monday, June 4, 2007

BE A WOMAN OF PURPOSE


Inspiration
“Time after time, they put God to the test, and he displayed the greatness of his heart for women
In powerful ways I’d never noticed before. Under their tutelage I learned God has a larger vision
For women than I realized, a vision that encompasses the vast diversity of all of our lives and that
Calls us to be more. It was clear, as I believed all along, that the Bible strongly affirms our
Significance as wives and mothers, but I was stunned to learn God values us just as much when
Our lives follow other paths. Their stories gave me the freedom to embrace the life God was
Opening up for me.”
Excerpt from Lost Women of the Bible by Carolyn Custis James

I just love this quote, how many of us have a unique purpose and plan designed by God for us? The Answer is very simple EVERYONE! As I spent time with one of my darling dolla friends we discussed our future and the vision that God has birthed in our hearts for us to achieve, each one of us has a different reason for been hesitant to step out of the boat and walk on the water and they both seem to be very good reasoning except for the fact that in the scripture its says “we can do all things through Christ how strengthens us”
How often we allow the enemy to come in and steal the very thoughts that the Holy Spirit breaths upon us, by lying to us with word like, failure, not good enough, too young, too old, married not married, unschooled, not the right figure, not enough knowledge, however the word says That Christ has come to give us life and life in abundance, girls should we not choose the latter?

How many dreams have died along the way because we chose to listen to the enemy, rise up today and take hold of that freedom to embrace the life God is opening up for you. Dream big plan big be bold breath the life of God!

FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR DREAMS AND DESIRES WITH ME SO I CAN PRAY WITH YOU!

5 comments:

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Convicted! I struggle with this big time...to the point that I can't even remember what my dreams were. So that would be my prayer. To know once again and then have boldness. Thanks for this post. Short and sweet but so relevant and real.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Deborah,

Thank you for your kinds comments and visit to my blog. I love your blog and es epically this post. Amen! Well said. I hope we can get to know each other better as I love your insight and blog.
Angel ( D.)

Anonymous said...

I think the most important thing is to never share your Dreams with people that are Dream stealers. There is plenty of negative people around get with people that love dreaming and hold onto that which God has planted in you heart. Never give up live your dreams be bold and step out. Know who you are in Christ that way you will be able to live your dreams. Because He gives us the desires of our heart after all where are our dreams birthed in our hearts. I would like to say that one of my dreams as a young girl was to visit Lake Malawi not only do I visit the lake but I live and hour away from the lake how awesome is that. God puts those dreams in our heart for a reason never let go don't let them die away keep the dream alive. Debs you are such a blessing my friend keep up the precious work you do. I pray that God will see you through every dream that you have in your heart that each one will be brought life thats my prayer for you becuase you deserve every blessing coming your way.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Great post.
My dream--to see the body of Christ walking in the power that is ours to wield against the devil and his forces.

Jen said...

Oh, I needed this one tonight....
I am preparing for a teaching I am to do tomorrow eve. It is a topic I have studied and sought God on....for MY purposes. God speaking through dreams. I have spent years on this...and sort of got thrown into connections that have led....so very quickly for my hesitant heart....into a position of raising up a company of prophetic people in dream interpretation, for this region. Teaching them how to hear what God is saying through our dreams, and how to use this tool to bring the knowledge of His love to the world....
Although I know God has prepared me for such a time as this....I tremble at the very thought. As I prepare notes for each meeting....eventually forming a manual of teaching notes.....I quake and question my abilities, and almost wish I could back out, and ask God Why me?
THEN, I push all of that aside, and say "nevertheless Father, you are made perfect in my weakness....I will do this, not becasue I am worthy or even qualified....but becasue you are asking me to"...
Tomorrow night, I will drive home, amazed once again in the Faithfulness of my God....tonight I am distracting myself from my own inhibitions! I could use so much prayer, for wisdom and revelation especially. Thank you
Jen