Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I AM BIBLE STUDY


I am so much more grateful for what afflictions He has allowed if it will benefit you in any way. If those trials can not be redeemed by causing you to know there is hope and a resurrection for any situation, then they were simply wasted tears and we both know there is no such thing! Psalm 56:8 says,
"You have taken account of my wanderings; put my tears in Your bottle. Are they not in Your book? Then my enemies will turn back in the day when I call; This I know, that God is for me."
I find God has gotten very strict with me. He has made it very clear that in order to fulfill any calling He has on my life, there can be no inconsistencies. Obviously I am not even beginning to suggest to you I have 'attained all this', but what I am trying to say is that God keeps me on a short leash. When I run out too far or too quickly, He jerks me back with a Holy Spirit chokehold. That will get a girls attention every single time! So if you notice I am hoarse, a lot, now you know why.And when He has us by the neck, it is only because He loves us. Remember, He is for you! He wants to make your name great, for His own Glory. If this is a current struggle, read Hebrews 12. There is no great encouragement in all of Scripture! Hebrews 12:11 reads,
"All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful, yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness."
Praise Him for a Divine Time Out! 'See to it that no root of bitterness springs up, defiling many.'(Hebrews 12:15)
His Name and yours is at stake. Let's talk about it a bit in our discussion.
Discussion Questions:
1. Have you ever experienced trials that were best dealt with "in the family" for either your reputation's sake or God's? You may still choose to leave them there, but you are welcome to share if you are comfortable.

How in season this word is, at this moment in time I can not bring myself to talk about it, but right now where I am sitting we as a family are faced with this! All I can ask is if you keep us in your prayers, as my beloved held me last night and I cried, the only reassurance we have is that is God is for us, Deut 4:31 For Jehovah your God is a merciful God; He will not forsake you, nor destroy you, nor forget the covenant of your fathers which He swore to them. This is the scripture I have to stand on at the moment. When I have walked through this I will share it, but of now it’s just too painful and my tears are so much that I can’t see what I am typing.
2. Have you ever found yourself in a bizarre circumstance and later were able to walk someone through the same/similar situation? Did you recognize the hand of God in it?
Oh yes he always takes our scars and turns them into stars
3. I was in my late twenties before I ever let myself believe God was for me instead of waiting to smack me upside the head every time I made a mistake. Do you truly believe God is on your side?

In Him I know I am a first class dolla but sometimes in the church I feel 2nd class and that is when I sense Him right there next to me encouraging me all the way

4. If God has ever had you in the Holy Spirit Chokehold (and who hasn't He?), how have you reacted to God's chastisement? Were you bitter? Brokenhearted? Grateful?
Can I say all of them, it went from bitter to brokenhearted and after along time to grateful, I think I am hoarse by nature now, and yes the lead is getting shorter and shorter as God moves me up higher!

5. Write a brief prayer of Thanksgiving for God's longsuffering.

Father abba Father, how awesome you are, how mindful you are of me. Father words fail me as I come bowing down before you humbled by Your grace and mercy for my life. Father thank you that even when I choose to walk away you are always there waiting and calling me back to a place under the shadow of your wing. My heart is overwhelmed by the beauty of Your holiness. Thank you so very much of never leaving me or shaming me. Love you so much me
THANK YOU LISA
LOVE ALWAYS ME

15 comments:

Darla said...

Love reading this site your posts are always so very sweet, and real. I totally understood the part about being in church and feeling second class..and HE does come and sit right beside me...Praying for you and your family, and believing that God has everything in control, we just don't get it! Love you me

Darla said...

got your message...and I will commit to praying for you and yours, the beauty of the body is not always in our churches, but it is suppose to...sometimes it is the beautiful body of believers right here in blogsvilles! You are an answer to my prayer to find my sisters in Christ, so naturally I pray for my family..yours a little extra...love ya princess

Shelly said...

I pray His Jehovah Presence ever near to you today as He strengthens your hands and makes your paths level for Him.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Praying for you also Deborah that God will remain very real to you in these days and that His Word will remedy every hurt of your heart. Mine is broken for you just reading your tender words..

many blessings on you my dolla friend! :)

lisa

Miriam Pauline said...

Many hugs and prayers my friend as you face whatever is happening right now. God is beside you and will hold you.

Bless you for your answers this week!

Mindy said...

Deborah -
I am adding you to my prayers each day.
Know that we are all praying for you in your trial right now. You are such an encouragement to me. I hope that my prayers will help you in some way!
In HIM -
Mindy

AK said...

I'm praying for you dear sister as you walk through this difficult place. Just know that the end result will someday be one of beauty because thats what Jesus does, He takes the things that we endure with great heartache and turns them into milestones that we can look back upon with joy because of the changes they brought in our lives.

Susanne said...

You really are a GREAT ENCOURAGEMENT sweet dolla!! Thank you for your real answers to this week's questions and for being an awesome example of a woman after God's own heart. A real princess!! I love you!

Etta said...

I've been there--so broken and hurt by a situation or person I thought was safe. It's in those times that the Lord taught me the most. God's sweetest blessings of peace on you during this time.

Diann McDuffie said...

I just pray that today you will feel the prayers that are going up for you in the thing that is happening in your life. Isn't it awesome that God surrounds us with his children (even if we've never met) to uplift us when we need it the most!

Denise said...

Praying for you, bless your precious heart.

Darla said...

Princess,
go see what God is doing on Nicole's page...HE is sending HIS warriors to her side to fight for her, and it is a battle..not just cancer, but a heavenly battle...

If you go see what HE is doing, it will fill your heart with so much joy at how HE stoops down to touch and pick up that one lamb. God is sooo good...come...you are going to be blown away! HE is going to move on her, and grab her heart.

Connie Barris said...

Just reading your answers makes me want to cry with you....

but that your love for our Papa is still so precious and tender...

praying for you, crying with you...on this awesome journey

Diann McDuffie said...

Just wanted to check in with you and see how your last couple of days have been. I've been lifting you up in prayer. I hope things are getting better for you!

~Layers*of*Me~ said...

I do pray comfort and peace surrounds you during this painful time.

I adore the scars to starts comment! And I also can sympathize with your second class feelings at church-- thank you God for YOUR encouragement!

Blessings to you and your family!