Monday, May 7, 2007

FOR MY HUSBAND






DANCING IN THE MIRROR
by
Barbara Larkin
As we waltz past the mirrored walls in dance I glance into the mirror and see, per chance A couple that looks exactly like you and me Dancing in the mirror in perfect harmony Slow dance with me in the mirrored place So I can look over your shoulder and see my face Reflecting my smile as I try to keep pace And still my heart which starts to race
Your gentle, yet protective, hand upon my waist We turn toward each other and I see your face Cinderella and Prince Charming reflected in our gaze Two people suspended beyond time and space The only two dancers in the crowded place Two separate beings, yet filling only one space Please still my heart if it should start to race As I dance with you in the mirrored place

0 comments: