Monday, June 11, 2007

BE THOU MY VISION






Be thou my vision

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou artThou my best Thought, by day or by night,Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul's Shelter, Thou my high Tower:Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of heaven, my Treasure Thou art.
High King of heaven, my victory won,
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heaven's Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall, Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

Martin Shaw (1875-1958)





What a wonderful hymn we don’t really sing hymn’s in our church but yesterday when our preacher ended his sermon he asked the worship team to sing this and my heart just was so over whelmed by it, the High King of Heaven, my victories won, I humbled my heart and just allowed the peace of God to reign in my life, I watched as the children raised their flags to the King of Kings, why don’t you raise your banner right there where you are reading this and allow the King to raise His banner over you, come before Him in praise and adoration today for all He means to you.
Love always me

2 comments:

Mindy said...

THIS IS MY FAVORITE HYMN!!!!
Thanks for making me smile!
ps - that is an awesome new picture of yourself! You are beautiful girl!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely Hymn we sing Hymns in our church and it always blesses me. Sometimes those old songs speak right to the heart. Yes the new photo is beautiful. Your blog site blesses me always.
Love you my friend.