Tuesday, July 3, 2007

A STRONG WOMAN



Reading an article to day from Karen Moore, I came across this:

Dear God,
You are our strength. We are steadfast in You and we hang on to Your promises and Your goodness and Your plans for our lives. We rest in You, Lord, remembering that in Your time, You will raise us up past any obstacles we face. We pray with thankful hearts. Amen”





1 Corinthians 1:8 “He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ”


What a wonderful privilege we have as woman of God to be strong and steadfast because of Him, not in our own strength but in His. As I pondered on it I thought of the women of Africa so many of them have had to face war and famine and been ripped away from their countries in our church Thandaza alone there are many women from Africa that have had to flee their homes, countries so as to keep their family from harm or death, yet their faith in the Lord is strengthened them and they carry an authority in the Spirit that leaves me in a place of repentance because of my unbelief at times.

One of these women a might prayer warrior, so encourages me to pray without ceasing as the word tells us in 1 Thessalonians 5:17, girls can I encourage you today to look to God for your strength to pray without ceasing, to push though in prayer till you see the situation change. Father is waiting and wanting to meet you in that face to face place, He wants to meet with you today!

I understand that in each country our circumstances are different but in the end we have one common denominator that links us and that is our belief in God, having a living relationship with our Savior, let’s arise today as women clothed in His strength and favor, lets go to the mountain and meet with Him.
LOVE ALWAYS ME

6 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

When I think of how BIG God is and this universe in which we live, it blows my mind that He has any interest in me. It seems almost unbelievable that He wants to meet with me. Yet I believe He DOES!
Wow!!!
And so I come to Him in humility and thankfulness - His, and for His glory.
Thanks for sharing these great thoughts!
Love,
Karen

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

I needed to read this today! I am completely humbled and thankful that God is ALWAYS here.....even when I think He's not! Have a great day!!

Jen said...

I LOVE the strength of a Christian woman...the strength that comes from walking within Him.
He truly is our strength...and with Him we can do anything!


Blessings to you today!

Shelly said...

Mmmm...."let's arise today as women clothed in His strength and favor"

That alone could preach. I need to let them one sit on my heart for a good while. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for always sharing such wonderful thoughts on you blogsite it always blesses me. You are so special. Keep being the blessing you are.

Love always
Mish

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Wonderful thoughts I put you on my wonderful sites to visit so I can come over more.

Hugs and Love,

Angel ( Angel Mama ) ():)