Thursday, August 2, 2007

ONE HIGH HEEL ONE SLIPPER CONTINUES


The one high heel one slipper seems to continue in my life and at times I wonder why, yet I know that God is using this to bring me to an understanding about walking without balance in our lives and the terrible place we as women can find ourselves in when we have no balance.

Last night at the local book club that I belong to I just found it so refreshing to be with ladies that don’t all share my views and opinions, one day a friend at church asked me about the book club I belong too and what the emphasis of the book club, I believe she was referring to our Christian ways of look at things, I had to answer her this way they love to drink red wine and eat cheese, her reaction I would defiantly not be joining that book club. I thought about it and I would agree that it would not be a place for someone that was not walking a balanced life, where they are so heavenly bound that they are no earthly good, what has happened to us been the salt of the earth where we can walk amongst the people and be moved by compassion for them? I asked myself the question why this book club and I have to truly say it brings balance to my life and keeps me connected to what is happening in the world.

Balance to me is very important and for the last while I have not been balanced at all, years ago when we left ministry I was very unbalanced and my very dear friend Yvette taught on balance I embraced that teaching and have made it my own and I would love to share it with you girls, find some one that you can do it with so that there is a level of accountability in it.

GOALS – name 5 goals you have for yourself not your children or husband but for you, e.g. maybe paint class or redoing your bedroom
1.
2.
3
4
5
SPIRITUALLY – name 3 thing you are doing to grow on your own (I only 3 because us Christian girls can write volume on this
1
2
3
PHYSICALLY – name 5 things you are doing for yourself: e.g. nails / facials
1
2
3
4
5
ACCOUNTABILITY – name 3 people who you allow to speak into your life
1
2
3
SOCIAL – name 5 social events that you plan for the month
1
2
3
4
5

ROMANCE – name 3 things you do to keep romance alive in your marriage
1
2
3

This really helps me have a balance in my life and I am accountable to my husband Fred and to my dear friend Yvette.
Maybe you feel that you can add to this feel free and post it to me so I can help other ladies with finding balance in their lives. I love doing this with ministry girls and in ladies groups as it make you think and realize that many times there is no balance in our lives.




Love always me

7 comments:

Diann McDuffie said...

Oh, thanks so much for your insight on balance. It is easy at times to get comfortable in our Christian circles and forget those that we should be reaching for Christ. I love the questions at the end--really makes you think!

Darla said...

Dolla, I adore you! "so heavenly bound that they are no earthly good" hahahahahaha i so relate to that comment! I would love to do this and gain some more balance in my life...you know my worst fear, and i do pray about it, is to not lose my fire for Jesus, and become one of the 'lofty people'...i dont want to be a Pharisee...and reaching the lost is my heart...hard to find accountability in this area...there doesn't seem to be too many out here, with a servant heart...but I am grateful to the LORD for the ones HE stops by my blog...Thanks for keeping it real! love you love you love you!!
Princess to Princess

Anonymous said...

I like your new colours you have used. You are such an amazing person my dolla friend. What a precious peace you wrote on balance sometimes we loose our balance in life. It's so easy that's why the Lord puts people like you in our life to keep us going. You Rock girl. Love ya Mish

Anonymous said...

YES! We are now living in a place with very balanced folk in our church ... it is a huge relief and we can be ourselves without any judgement on us. You have good insight into this subject!!!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Hey girl!
I just had to come by and see what was going on.
I love when not everyone agrees with me--good discussion time.
I wish I was going to be doing women's group this year so I could use what you have posted.
Balance is very important. I think part of what makes me irritable is when one area of my life becomes too pressing or overwhelming.
Good thoughts.
We have been out of town so I'll have to come back and catch up.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I love the imagery of the high heel and slipper...the questionnaire is great too...

so glad you are back! :))

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Balanced Diet: A chocolate in each hand....

Love your chocoholic friend