Tuesday, December 11, 2007

CHRISTMAS EDITION- MEME

I found this on Tara’s blog over at http://readabouttara.blogspot.com/
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Both. But I must admit I love wrapping gifts for me it’s the beauty from the start to the finish that I love. Every year I want to do something new and exciting this year I am sticking to Father Christmas, (yes I know he is not real but I just love the red man) last year everything was done with bows and shiny balls but this year the word FUN has taken over my Christmas spirit, and that is what I am going to do have lots and lots of fun wrapping and deciding on who gets what father Christmas. I know that my eldest has taken this tradition to her home and I am waiting with anticipation to see her little home with her tree and the presents under it how they will be wrapped.


2. Real tree or artificial?


Artificial. I think at Christmas time I just want to rest and not worry about cleaning around a tree that keeps losing its leaves. Also it not such a big thing in South Africa maybe I just hang in different circles but out of all the people I know here its only 1 couple that have a real tree, I have two one big one and a small that I use to decorate the table, but I would like another one maybe one that sings Christmas carols.
3. When do you put up the tree?


normally when I see our shops putting theirs up about the 1st of December and then I rearrange for about a week but its always around from the 1st.


4. When do you take the tree down?


Usually the day after New Year.


5. Do you like eggnog?


No. maybe because I don’t really know what it tastes like.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?my Jackie doll, I loved her she had real dark curly hair just like me and green eyes like me, not blonde and blue eyed like other dollies. She was stolen out of our home about 5 years ago. I cried over her I had her from about the age of 4.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?


No cant find one here. The ones in the Christian bookstores are so expensive but I would love to have one.


8. Easiest person to buy for?My husband. I love buying for him
9 Hardest person to buy for?
This year Kirsty is as she doesn’t want anything and she is not a hand bag earring type of girl (yet) very difficult this year.


10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?


I love all gifts and right now can only think of a plastic pair of earring from an ex.
11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?


e-mail I am so bad at posting cards.


12. Favorite Christmas movie?


I think it's Santa Claus the movie. I loved it.


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?


I always want to do it from the beginning of the year then land up giving the gifts away so we started last week
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?


no cant think of doing that I love gifts and I am very sentimental about the gifts I get.


15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?


Gammon I love it when it has pineapples and cherries glazed on it, black forest Christmas pudding is one of my favorites. I love my friend Jani-May’s Christmas cake, it full of nuts and fruits, that with a slice of good cheese (I know what am I thinking but this is how my late dad ate his Christmas cake and I love it like that too.)
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?


Ours are colored, but I do like them clear as well but the tree we have has the lights build in so I love them at night when the house is silent and dark and I can lie and watch them and just feel the peace that Jesus brought with him the night he was born.
17. Favorite Christmas song?


Silent night.


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
This year we are traveling as we are sharing Christmas with dear old friends of ours, and our daughter and son in love, we normally stay at home and some family come to us but this year we are out on the run.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
No sorry I don’t.


20. Angel on the tree top, or a star?
We have both. This year we are using the star and the angel is on the center piece of my table.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?


My kids get to open one gift on Christmas Eve each year. Another tradition I carried over from my own childhood. I love it.


22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?I think for me it's that stress. Feel guilty about not getting to all my family my mom sister and my in laws. Also the fear of traveling on the roads in south Africa we have such a huge death toll over the Christmas period because people drink and drive. People don’t make this season Christ-centered.


23. What I love most about Christmas?


as the angels announced in the gospels peace on earth, the wonder of the birth of my savior. The joy of knowing that the birth of Jesus is my joy of having everlasting life. Knowing that because He came I can set my heart on the eternal to come. family coming together and friends sharing around the table of how great and good God has been to us. I must also be very honest here I love presents as well!!! I just love it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

0 comments: