Thursday, May 29, 2008

WOMEN OF THE WORD: TARA SLOAN


Lets hear it for Tara Sloan, she is one of the cutest dolla’s I have meet via the blog world, she is no ordinary lady she has taken on a huge role in God’s kingdom, she is working with girls that I guess would have been stoned if the grace of God did not step in, go read more about this amazing woman here:


1. What is your ideal date night, give a short detailed answer

An intimate dinner, dancing and dessert and a movies at home later.>


2. Physically what would a person remember the most about you (nails hair)

That I am very short! (barely 5 feet!)>


3. In woman's ministry who is your mentor and what did you do to > make sure this mentorship has made you grow.

There are three women I can say who have mentored me tremendously..

.1.) Pastor Kathy Miller of Cathedral of Praise World Outreach Center in Oklahoma City, OK ** She was the first woman to release me to begin exercising what of had placed inside of me. She was a one on one mentor to me when Craig and I were at New Harvest Church in Clewiston, FL. She and Bishop Miller continue to mentor Craig and I long distance now! They were our very first mentors and pulled out the destiny and potential in us when we were afraid to even consider it! To this day I find myself quoting them almost daily even to this day!

2.) Pastor Vernette Rosier of Panama City Fellowship Church of Praise in Panama City, FL** "Mom Rosier" and her husband Dr. David Rosier "Dad Rosier" have taught Craig and I so much about being kingdom minded and they have opened our eyes to true apostolic order and function. Their frequent phone calls and emails stir us. Mom Rosier has been an incredible teacher as a women with a powerful prophetic gift and anointing. She is anything but your "monthly women's meeting" pastor, she functions in her full authority in Christ. Her impact on my life has been lasting and continues, especially lately.

3.) Pastor Deanna Shrodes of Northside Assembly of God in Tampa, FL and the Pastoring Partners Network came into my life about 10 years ago. She has taught me by example the importance of relational ministry and I admire her in her successful endeavors as a true partner in ministry. I have seen God move her and her husband Pastor Larry Shrodes to another region and I have marveled at the hand of God as He has (and continues to) opened doors of significant opportunity for her. I am honored to call her friend and teacher.>


4. What is you favorite piece of scripture and why.

Right now I have honed in on Jeremiah 1:4-10"Then the word of the Lord came to me [Jeremiah], saying, Before I formed you in the womb I knew [and] approved of you [as My chosen instrument], and before you were born I separated and set you apart, consecrating you; [and] I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. Then said I, Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am only a youth. But the Lord said to me, Say not, I am only a youth; for you shall go to all to whom I shall send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Be not afraid of them [their faces], for I am with you to deliver you, says the Lord. Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth. And the Lord said to me, Behold, I have put My words in your mouth. See, I have this day appointed you to the oversight of the nations and of the kingdoms to root out and pull down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant."

Remember to tune in tomorrow for another exciting interview, with another women of the word

Love always me

3 comments:

Melissa Davis said...

Nice interview Deborah and Pastor Tara

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

Awesome woman of God, that Tara Sloan. I love her too...crazy 'bout her. I've learned so much from HER, it's UH-may-zing!

Karen Hossink said...

I am thankful, too, for the mentors God has put in my life. He has a wonderful way of orchestrating things just as we need them to be!