Friday, June 20, 2008

SEX IN THE CITY AND MY THOUGHTS



Well last night I went to see “SEX IN THE CITY” I took my Fred with me, well he laughed just as much as I did, in some places more then me. Let me start by saying yes there are some dodgy scene but it makes up for about 10 min of the whole movie.
One thing for sure this is a real chick flick, I laugh and cried and laughed some more. For all of you out there that have girlfriends you will understand this movie. Its about girls that want to fall in love, they do some get married and live happy ever after with a few heartaches along the way, one that has everything but needs more, another that gets hurt and learns a lesson in forgiveness, and then the girl next door that seems to have everything.
I came away feeling two things:
1. I miss my dolla friends I have got to know of the years!
2. Somehow I am now questioning what I really have reached in my life in nearly 40 years.
Before I begin I want to say that I love Jesus He is my personal Lord and Savior, and I love His church, but somehow the relevance of life has gone from the church, I seem to find myself doing a lot of thinking today, have I somehow isolated myself so that I have learnt to suppress the true me to fit into the church, dress modest (like an old woman) not put pink streaks in my hair because it would cause some one to stumble, stopped laughing out loud from my tummy because someone in the church said if I was in the world I would have been a loose girl? Why do we label people so much why do we put people in a box, oh she is the pastors wife oh she is emotional, oh she is the super spiritual one, oh let me share about so and so because she really needs prayer (hogwash: that is gossiping under a disguise of Christianity)
Have we in the church become so narrow minded that we think every thing will taint us have we become nothing better then an occult, isolating ourselves because we are scared we will become contaminated by the lady that has too much to drink or the lady that does stripteases does that mean I am better then her? How is it that we tell the world that we are right when most Christians look so miserable? How is it that people have become so cloned in churches the pastors wife has her nails painted pink with white daisies and next week half the ladies are doing the same, what happened to individual style and living naturally supernaturally?
When Jesus walked the earth the world says He dinned with tax collectors and had woman of the night come and anointed Him, He never partook of what they where doing but He was in their faces loving them where they are at! The word says He was moved by compassion, how can we be moved by compassion when we are living in lofty churches passing down judgment instead of walking in the world. (I am not talking about the few churches that have become part of their community)
Can I say that I want to make a difference in the world not by my haughty judgment but by living in this world and making a difference by been moved by compassion just as Jesus was.

Love always me

4 comments:

DaNella Auten said...

I know the feeling, I have Red hair, with a black under layer, and blonde highlights... At my last church I conveniantly lost the blonde, because it offended some. I once had someone tell me that I would never be taken seriously, I am too glib. I laugh at inappropriate times. I had to disect that and decide... No, I just laugh often, and enjoy laugh. This person was just afraid I was laughing at them!!! (And I probably was. lol)

Anonymous said...

"but somehow the relevance of life has gone from the church, I seem to find myself doing a lot of thinking today, have I somehow isolated myself so that I have learnt to suppress the true me to fit into the church, dress modest (like an old woman) not put pink streaks"

we would most definitely get along in real life...2 years ago, I had PINK streaks in my hair!!! I feel God is wanting to take our churches in a new direction- ready for fire of a new kind and not within the institutional walls we humans have built!!! I so get this post and am right there with you.

Anonymous said...

PS. what are you doing in South Africa? I have family there.

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

I so agree with you on this post!