Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I AM BACK STRONGER THEN EVER


As days turned into weeks and weeks into months, I have redesigned my life, I have had a good long look at who and what I am and have become.
I am horrified to see how I was trapped in pretence of who and what I am, I was accused of only wanting friendship to see what I could gain out of it, i.e. where I could have a place to preach or teach or not, I sat back hurt and betrayed yet deep inside of me the voice that I have know so well over the last 20 odd years reassured me that even this will pass.
I have entered into a very different world of work where the ladies hate each other and most marriages are on the rocks, and I wonder Lord is this the new harvest fields you have for me, would anyone understand if I said I sat with a drunk woman calming her fears that she is still attractive and that even though her husband is having an affair with one of their friends that she is entitled to have love and a marriage.
Or would they understand if I said I sat with a woman crying in my lap because her drug dealer won’t meet with her tonight because he need to come down from his high, would you understand it if I said I am have the time of my life, I feel as if I am walking amongst the out casts and I feel alive for Christ like never before.
Oh the question has arisen but who are you accountable to and where do you fellowship and honestly all I can say is I am accountable to my husband and children and I stand under the Lordship of my Savior the one who died for these people.
I want to thank all of you for not giving up on me in my time of absence, thank you for you ongoing support and love that I received via email and even the odd telephone call. I am back dolla and I am dangerous for the kingdom. I have come out of the dark into this very very marvelous light.
I am so aware of the phrase “Jesus walked amongst them” I am walking amongst them and having the time of my life.

Love always me

7 comments:

Jen said...

OHHHH!!!!!
SOOOOOO GOOD to have you back!!!
I can relate so much to your new Market place ministry.....so effective, yet not within our traditional ideas of ministry!I have seen far more up close and personal contact with the kids in the high school, than most of my years ministering as a leader in the church.
I still have to shake my head at times and remind myself, that this is exactly what we have preached for years..."taking it out to the streets".
Yet, when we do it, it feels foreign and worry about things like covering and accountability.
You are right though....this is what Jesus did...not becoming like them, but walking amongst them and being the Father's Love to them.

Bless you in this new season....did I mention I am glad you are back?

Tara Sloan said...

Oh Deborah... SO good to have you back and boy do we need to chat... sounds like you've recently gained some wisdom I now need!

Melissa Davis said...

Deborah it's good to have you back!

lots of love, Melissa

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

Love
Melody

Anonymous said...

YAY YAY YAY I have missed you so! I do believe you are exactly where GOd wants you..you are the hands and feet of Jesus, and these are the harvest fields!! oh I love you so! Still praying for you and Africa!

(btw- i tagged you with something that i think you tagged me first and I forgot..but even if you don't want to do it...link love baby!)

Profbaugh said...

Woo Hoo!! So glad you're back and on fire, no less. Keep pushing forward.

Much love,
~Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hi My Friend

Welcome back. Excited for you this kind of ministry is what makes me pump. Jesus walked where these people are He is not just in the Church many people seem to have forgotten this, which is so sad. That's why I love working in my salon because Jesus is there and many times ladies come in there that need encouragement that's why we are put there. I love you lot's and you go for it. Praying for you always.

Your Friend
Mich