Monday, May 14, 2007

CAPTIVIATING

I am reading a book called "Captivating" written by John and Stasi Eldredge, girls this is a must have on all christian woman's book shelves. This morning as I was getting ready for a days work at the church office my husband phoned me to hear if I had returned safely from my morning walk, he asked me what I was doing, I went on to say that I was curling my hair and putting on my makeup, his word made my heart skip a beat as he said My girl do you know you are beautiful to me and I love it when you spend time on yourself. As he said this I sat up straighter I could see the radiance on my face, he had noticed my beauty.... in this book it talks about a woman just wanting someone to notice her beauty. The enemy has come in with such an onslaught on the daughters of the most High.... we need to find our beauty in Him the scripture tells us that in Psalm 45:11 "The King is enthralled by your beauty." God is wanting His girls to rise up today and be taken note of not merely as safe, and nice woman, not merely sweet, but passionate and powerful women who are beautiful warriors. This book has made me look at myself in the light of who God has called me to be. WHO HAS GOD CALLED YOU TO BE?

3 comments:

shannon said...

I have been wanting to read that book. I'll be sure to pick it up after reading your post.

Thanks for the encouragement this morning, Deborah. I'm sitting in my coffee shop tackling the last of this book edit, and as I read that verse (one I haven't read in a long time), I actually sat up straighter myself. :)

And thanks for the visit to my blog!

In His love,
Shannon

Susan Skitt said...

What a great book. I got this book in audio form. (Had a gift certificate to a Christian bookstore and decided to get something different!)

So true about the whole idea of "beauty". God does want us to take care of ourselves. We were made to reflect His beauty.

Another idea that stuck out to me in the book was the part about "adventure". I love to kayak, backpack, and go on any type of adventure! It's good to know we can be a "beautiful warrior" too!

In fact, it was one of the things that spurred me to create the title of my blog :)

Have a great day and God bless!

Susanne said...

This is a GREAT book!! (I enjoyed it so much I named my blog after it!!) Have a great day