Friday, June 29, 2007

I AM BIBLE STUDY


Lesson Nine'A Set Up for a Show Up'

Background Reading:
Exodus 5:1 - 7:7

Key Verse:"But I will harden Pharaoh's heart that I may multiply My signs and My wonders in Egypt." Exodus 7:3

We will be taking a couple of side roads during this Chapter into the lives of Rahab and the Apostle Paul. Today, however, I want us to see a Divine Set Up for a Divine Show Up. God orchestrated the harsh servitude of the Israelites and used the hardening of Pharaoh's heart 'in order to multiply His wonders in Egypt.' The Egyptians may not have heard of the God of Israel before the Exodus, but He would not remain anonymous for long!

go on over to The Preacher's Wife and become part of this awesome bible study!

Discussion Questions:
1. On a scale of 1 to 10, rate yourself on how often your conversation is seasoned with the works of the Lord on your behalf? If you speak very little of Him, is there a reason you know of? If you speak often, how do people respond?
I work in a church office so I guess its pretty high up there and even in the world I hope that I do speak up about the Lord, so I guess I could rate about a 7.5, I find that people respond well, I must admit or confess I love it when there is controversial subjects to discuss, I love to be able to go back and break open the word and wait on Father to give me revelation knowledge on the subject.
2. Have you experienced a Set Up for a Show Up when you were uncertain whether the situation was the chastisement of the Lord or a temptation of Satan?
Mmmmmmmmmm, would love to believe that its not a chastisement from the Lord but I believe we give Satan tooooo much glory sometimes, however there have been situations where its been a temptation of Satan and other times chastisement of the Lord, when we left ministry I put it all down to the temptation of Satan alluring us away from our destiny however I now see that the Father had taken us through a period of chastisement for us to grow so that now on returning to full time ministry we will be stronger much stronger then before.
3. Have you ever or are you now experiencing any Job trials where you can still not identify any wrong-doing on your part?

Shoooo this is a hard one I want to walk in assurance that I live by the spirit and not by the flesh and sometimes I want to lash out in the flesh and sadly do, I am quite frustrated in the way that people handle situations concerning things I ask them to do and later find murmuring and they are unjustified so still not sure what I did wrong, or why people would say yes to something and then complain to leadership that I am unfair in asking them to do something even though they are the ones always saying if you need my help I am here for you.
4. Apply this principle: How can my response make my God famous? Will obedience result in my sanctification and God's Glory?
The word says obedience is better than sacrifice, I believe that by been saturated in the word that when conflict situations arise we will respond out of the overflow of the Spirit of God and therefore making Our God famous! YES! Our obedience will result in my sanctification as I am obedient to the word of God as it grows and becomes a true living revelation we will see God been glorified in it.
5. Does the origin of our affliction matter in view of the fame God can gain from it?
Once again we can take it back to the word, all things work to the good of those that Love the Lord! All I can say is I am a walking testimony that Satan wanted to destroy but God has a plan and destiny for me!


THANK YOU LISA
LOVE ALWAYS ME

8 comments:

Miriam Pauline said...

"to obey is better than sacrifice" How is it that we can know that in our heads, and still not act on it from our hearts? Thank you for the reminder.

Beautiful, honest answers as always. Bless you for sharing.

The Open Range Camping Family said...

Beautiful answers. Thank you for always leaving such encouraging words on my posts. Your so sweet!!

Kate said...

I must admit or confess I love it when there is controversial subjects to discuss, I love to be able to go back and break open the word and wait on Father to give me revelation knowledge on the subject.

I love this too! There is nothing that fills me with greater joy than to gain greater understanding of the WORD and how it applies in ALL circumstances.

Kate

Denise said...

I enjoyed your answers, bless you.

Etta said...

"sometimes we give Satan too much glory..." I agree. I think often it's just so much easier to say "Satan caused this" than to look at our own sin or the Lord's chastisement. We often use Satan as an excuse or someone to blame! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
God bless!

Karen Hossink said...

How can my response make my God famous?
I love this question!!!
Oh, if we looked at every circumstance - the good and the bad - as an opportunity to make God famous! HE IS GOOD when my circumstances are favorable and HE IS GOOD when they are not. I want to be faithful in every part of my life to testify to God's goodness.

Thanks for what you've shared here.

Love,
Karen

Cyndee@Riezzee's Place said...

It is great to read your answers and perspective. And how wonderfully exciting about Princess #1.

Blessings

~Layers*of*Me~ said...

Thank you for such genuine honesty in your answers.

God Bless You!