Friday, June 22, 2007

I AM ONLINE BIBLE STUDY


Background Reading:
Exodus Chapter 4
Key Verses:
"That they may believe that the Lord, the God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob has appeared to you." Exodus 4:5

"I have written to you fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I have written to you young men, because you are strong, and the Word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one."
1 John 2:14As we begin today, let's take a moment to regain our context.
In Lesson 7, we found Moses on the 'west side of the wilderness' asking God the very important question of 'who am I, but more importantly, who are You?' God re-introduced Himself to Moses as 'I AM' or 'Yahweh', a Name of God that had not yet been revealed to the children of Israel. By giving Himself this memorial name, God forever established His faithfulness to His covenant people in times past, present, and future.Too often our identity is found in a material possession or social status. When asking ourselves, 'Who am I?', be certain the answer is bound in the heart of Christ. He is everything we can not be and sufficient to fill every needy place. He is beautiful, all-knowing, strong, self-assured, and so much more so we do not have to be! When our lives are entertwined with His Spirit, we will never have to long to be more than we are, for HE IS. Praise Him!
Let's think about that in our Discussion Questions:
1. Have you ever been in a situation where you had to 'go back' to a place of shame or ridicule? How did that make you feel?
Yes gee this makes me think back and if you would allow me a moment to take a deep breath and begin… beloved and I had just been ordained into ministry when our senior preacher phone and asked us if we would assist a couple whose son was dying he was born with a rare disease called Hydrocephalus, nothing could have prepared me for the shock I was about to face, but standing there in front of me at the hospital was the man that had raped me at the tender age of 13, I remember my legs felt like lead beneath me, my throat closed in around me… and then I heard the Holy Spirit say to me have you truly forgiven him? All feelings of shame and injustice came screaming back at me, I wanted to run for cover, but right there Jesus came in and the healing that took place that day, was God inspired, I was able to move on from there and live as a complete woman, healed.

2. Is there any circumstance in your life that still has you running for cover? Share if you feel comfortable.
I have to be honest God has restored my life to a place where I have been able to face all circumstances and find healing and restoration in them. So now I run to the hiding place in the shadow of the Almighty and come out the victor by His grace.
3. When is the last time you felt like an over comer?
This weekend when beloved preached, it’s a victor in our lives!!!!!! Praise Jesus!!!
4. If you have not yet taken the serpent by the tail, are you willing to stop running, take hold and trust God to transform it into a tool for wonders?
My answer to all JUST DO IT!!!!!
5. I would like for you to write down this statement based on 1 John 2:14 somewhere you will see it often this week: "I am strong, the Word of God abides in me, and I have overcome the evil one." Memorize it. Say it over and over until you believe it. Will you do this?? Most of the time, there are no right or wrong answers, but on this one, I'm expecting a 'yes'!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you Lisa for all the imput into this bible study, if you are not doing yet go and visit her by clicking on her name.

Love always me

6 comments:

Denise said...

Thank you for being such a sweet blessing, and a precious overcomer.

Mindy said...

I want to have your courage to say JUST DO IT!!!!
thanks, dolla friend!

Nise' said...

Love your new header! Wow! what a way to confront your past and come out free. Praise the Lord.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

This touched me more than you know Deborah....I'll email you sometime soon and tell you why! :)

much love,

lisa

Etta said...

You ARE an overcomer. God bless you for having the courage to face your past. You are an inspiration!

Miriam Pauline said...

I'm not sure I've been to your site before. How on earth have I missed it? My bad. Great answers. Praise God for #2! Thank you for sharing.