Thursday, October 25, 2007

Rainy Day

Yesterday I was off to the gynecologist which was supposed to be a routine check up, I was worried about a small thing… nothing major but we felt I needed to go and see him. What I thought would be routine turned into something far more serious… and I have been referred to a surgeon. It has been raining on and off the whole of yesterday and today is cold and very wet we are supposed to be in spring but jerseys are coming out again and all I want to do is be home in my bed reading or sleeping but I guess that is not going to happen. Yesterday I rushed to get everything done for Sunday new calendars for the month our new visitors envelopes making sure that tables where set for our men’s mentoring on a Friday morning as I was not sure what the surgeon would do when I saw him today! We have a family day every last Sunday of the month and then we have all leaders meeting the Sunday evening, and I am involved in all that to administrate it so that all goes smoothly and so that who ever is preaching the word can concentrate on that and not on the pulling together of everything else.

So back to my story of the doctor… I went this morning and the Dr Kelling saw me and after questions and examination I am booked for theater come Monday morning at the Richards bay hospital. I need to go for a gastro scope and colonoscopy…. Dr says this will help to determine why I am so tired all the time and the other medication is not having the effect it should.

I must say I am scared I don’t like anesthetic, manly because even giving blood is a problem they can’t seem to locate my veins in my arms and I tense up when I see that needle coming. Please pray for me as I am really battling with fear. So I will not be blogging for a while as I need to take meds to clean out my colon and stomach and it makes you feel very yucky….

Our Jenni also goes back home on Saturday I am really going to miss her so much.
So lots more to do today. Tomorrow is our next lesson on living beyond yourself with Beth Moore DVD, the home work has been hectic but I am enjoying been so busy in the word.


4 comments:

Lisa N Alexander said...

You are so in my prayers sweetie! God has healed me of fibroids. I haven't a period that's had me doubled over in pain in months. He heals.

Jen said...

Praying so many blessings on you as you prepare and for and heal from this surgery...God is so very good and will guide all of the medical personnel to be efficient and have wisdom and to find your veins QUICKLY!!!!

May Holy Spirit comfort you with the love and protection of the Father in this time.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you my dolla! You are so very special and beautiful! How very much i love you!

Mindy said...

I will be praying too!
I know how that fear can get to you.
Here is one of the things I repeat to myself when I am feeling fear:

God didn't give me a spirit of fear but one of love, power, self control and a SOUND MIND!

Hope that helps!
In HIM -
Mindy