Friday, January 4, 2008

PERSONAL HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2008




As I sit here at the office this morning not much is happening except getting the calendar together for 2008, and I realized this is going to be a very busy year not only in the congregation but in my life:

Here are some personal highlights:

I am going to become a grandmamma in a few days that’s right people little Kyronè Adam will be making his grand entrance into this world in less then 60 days. Let me tell you this is going to be one blessed little boy because he has 3 (long story for another blog) grannies that cant wait to spoil him he has 2 granddads waiting for him and 3 great-grandmother and 1 great grandfather, and a 1 great great grandfather and 2 great great grandmothers 2 uncles and 1 aunty and a host of great uncles and aunts wanting to spoil him. That means 5 male generations in one sitting. Wow blessed will he be and I pray that God will continue to bless the generations to come.




My darling Fred is getting back on to a pulpit after vowing never to do that again, (never say never to God) so dolla’s watch this space because Fred is getting ready to rock and roll in Gods pulpit again. We are going to be preaching out at a church in Bethlehem (no not in Israel) but in the Free State in South Africa come the first weekend in February.




I am speaking at our yearly ladies event in March, which is such an honor for me, its wonderful to preach out and all over the country but for me its wonderful to be able to speak in good old Empangeni, even though I do feel more pressure in my own home church because I have to face these people everyday where is out in the country no one knows me so I can tell funny stories about my husband without it getting back to him, lol I am only joking… or perhaps not.



There are a lot of other invites that I am not going to share right now, because I am still praying about some, I am trusting God to be able to attend an international conference in the USA this year, I just want to come and see how its done in the big USA and maybe meet some of my wonderful friends that I have gotten to know through the blog, so girls pray with me that God leads me to the right one and if you have any suggestions please post them here in my comment box so I can pray about it.




This is my last year that I will be in my 30’s so I am going to do one challenge that I feel I need to do and that is learn to swim that is right I don’t know how to swim, so I will keep you posted on this one, our summer is now and it is hot and I really need to do this before I turn 40!



This year the scripture that God has given me is ( I trust God every end of the year for a scripture for the next year and this is what I was given) :



1 Thessaloins 4:11-12



11To make it your ambition and definitely endeavor to live quietly and peacefully, to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we charged you,
12So that you may bear yourselves becomingly and be correct and honorable and command the respect of the outside world, being dependent on nobody [self-supporting] and having need of nothing


My dear dolla’s as we go into this year let us learn to have balance in all areas of our life, let not one thing dominate another, let us live and love with passion.





4 comments:

Nise' said...

How exciting a new grandbaby! And WOW he is so blessed to have so many grands and great-grands!

Profbaugh said...

Yes indeed! It does sound like 2008 is going to be a very busy year for you. How exciting to see God moving in such a mighty way.

~Cheryl

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

okay, I have to know...where in the US might you come??

Lisa

Shari said...

I keep checking to see about the grand baby... looking for some pictures!