Monday, January 28, 2008

STILL HERE AND ALIVE


Well I haven’t blogged in what seems like a decade, but my home has been turned upside down with my darling man in Johannesburg in the week and only home Saturday and part of Sunday, life has been hectic.

I once said to someone that Fred is my rock and I got a arm length speech of how Jesus should be my only rock, and I must say I know Jesus is my rock but here in this marriage Fred is my rock, he is my calming force, the one whose arms I seek when I am distort and the one who brings my joy to my soul. I battle to work I battle to sleep when he is not around, we are not under each others feet 24/7 but at least I know that he is nearby, somehow it seems easier for me to go away then when Fred is away.

In this time that he has been in Johannesburg I have had time to work on my sermons and teachings for this year, and I have had some wonderful morning time with my Lord, not that I don’t when Fred is here it just seems that this time has been very special, as my savior just brings such wonderful refinement to my life.

The kids have been a handful with dad not been around and I never realized how jealous they can be at times for my attention. Fred is always so wonderful when I go for coffee with my girlfriends that I have never thought that the kids find it difficult. So I have learnt a bit while he is away.

2008 is in full swing and I know that God is going to do something very significant this year.

Last night as I lay in Fred’s arms and I could hear his heart beating under my ear, I sighed a great sigh of relief to know that I am truly loved by this man, my heart cries out for all those woman who have never known what its like to be truly loved, as I once was there but I believe in love and know that as we draw close to God He will give us the desires of our heart.

Love you all so madly.


2 comments:

Jen said...

I really like the new look for your blog and am so glad you are back to the blogging world...we missed you.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Good to hear from you, Deborah! I know you are missing your Fred but look how God has kept you company while he's gone.

Much love to you my friend!

Lisa