Monday, January 28, 2008

STILL HERE AND ALIVE


Well I haven’t blogged in what seems like a decade, but my home has been turned upside down with my darling man in Johannesburg in the week and only home Saturday and part of Sunday, life has been hectic.

I once said to someone that Fred is my rock and I got a arm length speech of how Jesus should be my only rock, and I must say I know Jesus is my rock but here in this marriage Fred is my rock, he is my calming force, the one whose arms I seek when I am distort and the one who brings my joy to my soul. I battle to work I battle to sleep when he is not around, we are not under each others feet 24/7 but at least I know that he is nearby, somehow it seems easier for me to go away then when Fred is away.

In this time that he has been in Johannesburg I have had time to work on my sermons and teachings for this year, and I have had some wonderful morning time with my Lord, not that I don’t when Fred is here it just seems that this time has been very special, as my savior just brings such wonderful refinement to my life.

The kids have been a handful with dad not been around and I never realized how jealous they can be at times for my attention. Fred is always so wonderful when I go for coffee with my girlfriends that I have never thought that the kids find it difficult. So I have learnt a bit while he is away.

2008 is in full swing and I know that God is going to do something very significant this year.

Last night as I lay in Fred’s arms and I could hear his heart beating under my ear, I sighed a great sigh of relief to know that I am truly loved by this man, my heart cries out for all those woman who have never known what its like to be truly loved, as I once was there but I believe in love and know that as we draw close to God He will give us the desires of our heart.

Love you all so madly.


2 comments:

Jen said...

I really like the new look for your blog and am so glad you are back to the blogging world...we missed you.

The Preacher's Wife said...

Good to hear from you, Deborah! I know you are missing your Fred but look how God has kept you company while he's gone.

Much love to you my friend!

Lisa