Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A DAY IN HOSPITAL




Yesterday our Kirsty pie had surgery on her jaw, she had four wisdom teeth pulled and 2 molars done as well, as I sat in the hospital with my mom that was a nursing sister she commented on how times had changed in South Africa when it comes to hospital etiquette and the way things are done.
I was even allowed in the theater before the operation. I even took these photos in side the hospital. But you know reading my favorite blog I realized that even though we are seen as a third world country, we are so blessed to live in one of the most beautiful parts of the world that the Lord ever created. Sometimes we have to look past the beggars and the crime and see the beauty of what God created.
I think my love for my country was cultivated by my English teacher when we read a book that was band in south Africa called “cry my beloved country” it changed my heart to love this beautiful country we live in. its just a pity from south Africa to many of the African countries it costs an arm and a leg to fly its cheaper sometimes to fly to a first world country and I guess we all want to experience that. But this is something else that I don’t want to blog about right now.
Kirsty is such a little trooper as she has not complained once about pain or discomfort, but I guess the tablets are keeping her a little high, she had us all in fits of laughter as the pre meds started taking effect. Even her brother (and the fight so much at the moment) was concerned and even came into the pre op room to give her a big hug. Its times like these that I see God working in my children the care and love they have for each other even though teenage phase keeps it well hidden at times.
So my dear friends keep us in prayer!
HERE IS OUR KIRSTY PIE AFTER THE OP.
Love always me

4 comments:

Lisa N Alexander said...

Feel better soon Kirsty!

Jen said...

Praying speedy recovery and no pain or complications...many blessings!

Tara Sloan said...

Nestle in your mamma's arms Kristy! She'll make you feel so much better!!!

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

Praying that Kristy feels better soon...