Thursday, May 20, 2010

TO COVER OR NOT TO COVER




After been on both sides of the fence so to speak (been senior pastors of a congregation, part of a denomination, and just been a itinerary woman minister), I am always confounded by the first words asked when you approach churches/Ministers about working together in their town to create a day of fun for woman.



the big question "WHO'S COVERING ARE YOU UNDER"



Now don't get your knickers in a knot. I believe in covering and that we should not be moving around like lone rangers on our own little horse. But I wonder where did all the great names of faith start out?


I might not be a pastors wife anymore but does that mean my calling is taken away from me has God changed His mind because my hubby felt lead to do more for God in the market place and the denomination we where under didn't understand what we where trying to do?






I might not preach to thousands or have a following of people, but my heart is to see the woman of God restored made whole...






Don't worry I do have a covering; and that covering has not come just because I cute but because there is a relationship and a accountability with them.






I just wonder at times how many Godly gifted people have been misunderstood and forced into lone ranger state because of the big question! Just wondering just wondering!!



Love always

Deborah

0 comments: